Are you looking for the best free VPS hosting services?
VPS (Virtual Private Server) is the most popular hosting just because the cost of the VPS is lower than dedicated hosting but provides good quality of performance, speed, and reliability than shared hosting.
In this post, we’ll show you some of the best free VPS services that you can use for your business.
So let’s dig in.
Before going into detail, you should know that what’s VPS hosting is used for.
What’s VPS Hosting Used for?
VPS hosting is used for those who are stuck using shared hosting providers. In shared hosting, you’ll compromise the speed, performance, and security. Because the resources are divided, and the server you’re using is not fulfill your requirements.
VPS server has access to a virtual machine running its copy of an operating system (OS). While using VPS hosting your customer will get similar capabilities and performance to a dedicated server for their site.
Before jump into the free VPS web hosting provider, we’re going to show you some of the best cheap VPS hosting providers that you can use if you have a low budget.
4 Best Cheap VPS Hosting Services
Here’s the list of the top cheap VPS hosting services that offer a great number of features.
InterServer is an affordable web hosting service that offers a variety of hosting such as cloud, dedicated, WordPress, and VPS.
In addition, it gives you a great performance of your website and high-quality security features that you can deploy and protect your site from hackers.
InterServer is best for eCommerce stores, bloggers, startups, and agencies. While the hosting provider offers shared web hosting that is standard for every small business. It also offers Windows VPS and WordPress VPS that are good for high-quality websites.
7 Best Web Hosting for Small Businesses
- Cloud VPS: It offers a cloud Virtual Private Server that offers a free Webuzo control panel offering one-click install is a popular choice for popular WordPress VPS.
- Deploy Multiple Applications: You can use a variety of applications including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Moodle, Prestashop, OSCommerce, Zen Cart, and more.
- Customize VPS Hosting: You can customize the resources according to your requirements.
- Easy to Access: In their VPS plan, you can access your data anytime anywhere including files, databases, folders, and other resources.
- Full Control: While using Cloud Virtual Private Server you’ll get the route access that helps you to install the control panel and other operating systems without any permissions.
- Windows VPS: You’ll get the best powerful control panel for windows where you’ll manage multiple sites from a single dashboard.
- WordPress VPS: InterServer offers a variety of caching services including FastCGI, Nginx caching, and OPcache PHP caching software that boosts your WordPress websites.
The starting price of the VPS hosting plan is $6 per month.
Hostinger is another popular VPS hosting provider that offers plenty of other hosting such as shared, dedicated, cloud, WordPress, and many more.
Hostinger doesn’t offer free VPS hosting, however, it offers cheap VPS hosting that gives you an option to explore the hosting panel, and if you’re not satisfied you’ll get the money-back guarantee.
Moreover, they do care about your website speed with their available features including monitored loading speeds and performance and even great customer support with questions.
- Dedicated IP: It gives you a dedicated IP, this means the server you’re using is fully dedicated.
- 100 Mb/s Network: Hostinger gives you a great loading speed that will load your site anytime and everywhere.
- SSD Disk Drives: It offers the latest Intel Xeon processors, terabytes of SSD disk space, and 128 GB of RAM per server.
- Root Access: You’ll get full root access, you can customize the thing as per your need with just a little technical knowledge.
- IPv6 Support: Hostinger VPS hosting server is fully supported IPv6 dedicated.
- Money-Back Guarantee: If you’re not satisfied with that hosting provider you don’t need to worry about it. Hostinger offers 30 days money-back guarantee.
- You’ll get a variety of platforms including CenOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, and Suse.
- Live Chat Support: It offers 24/7 live chat dedicated support for their VPS hosting users.
The starting price of the Hostinger VPS hosting plan is $3.95 per month.
3. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting specializes in speed and performance, using this hosting you users will get into your site in a second.
Furthermore, it also offers unmanaged and managed plans with plenty of options. Besides, it is ideal for users of WordPress and loads pages six times faster.
While A2 Hosting offers VPS hosting, it also gives you an option to choose different types of hosting such as shared, dedicated, WordPress, and reseller hosting. You can also get the domain from A2 hosting if you’re in trouble choosing the domain provider.
It doesn’t offer free VPS hosting, but give you an option to use their VPS server if you have a low budget.
- Managed VPS: In their managed VPS hosting plans the options included server security, easy-to-use Cpanel, managed hardware and network, and complete root access.
- Unmanaged VPS: You’ll have a choice of the operating system, managed hardware and network, command line management, and complete root access.
- High Speed: You’ll get a high-speed server in that case, you’re site will load 20X faster.
- Developer Friendly: It offers the best versions of the most popular development software.
- Great Uptime: A2 hosting offers 99.9 uptime, this means you’ll get 100% faster reliable servers.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: It offers unlimited bandwidth from their shared and WordPress hosting plans.
- Extra Features: Using their VPS hosting plan you’ll get some advanced features such as dedicated RAM from 2048 MB – 4096 MB, two dedicated IP addresses, and more.
The starting price of the A2 VPS hosting plan is $4.99 per month.
Bluehost is the largest and most popular shared hosting provider that is hosted over 2 million websites. While Bluehost offers VPS hosting, it also offers more hosting options such as shared, cloud, dedicated, managed WordPress, and WooCommerce hosting.
In addition, if you’re starting your small business then Bluehost is the best choice where you can find the domain, website builder, and many more features that help to make your site good-looking and SEO-friendly.
Bonus tip: You can check out a complete review of Bluehost web hosting.
- Multi-Server Management: You can manage all your shared, dedicated, and VPS account in one place.
- Full Control: You have full control to manage your site password, or create a specific password for each site.
- Root Access: It gives you full root access that allows you to manage your files, database, and more through FTP.
- Unlimited Domain: Using their VPS hosting plan you can host unlimited domains and websites.
- Dedicated Power: Your server is fully dedicated and in every server, you’ll get dedicated IP, RAM, CPU storage, and more.
- Single Dashboard: You can manage all tools in one simple easy to use VPS dashboard.
- 24/7 Support: You’ll get 24/7/365 days support where you’ll get all your answers and solutions.
7 Best Free VPS Hosting Providers
As you can see we have shown some of the cheap VPS hosting provider that’s good options than free VPS hosting services. However, if you’re still looking for free VPS servers then you can check out the list we shown below.
- Kamatera – Best Overall Free VPS Host
- AccuWebHosting – Free Windows VPS Hosting
- x10Hosting – Free Cloud VPS Hosting
1. Kamatera – Best Overall Free VPS Host
Kamatera offers free VPS hosting with Cpanel, you’ll get 30 days of free VPS server that you can use and make unlimited websites.
It offers the best VPS hosting that is great for businesses that need raw computing power. Best of all, the price is affordable. Moreover, it offers unparalleled advantages such as flexibility, scalability, unbeatable uptime rates, reliability, and performance.
Using Kamatera, users will get 100% of the resources themselves, this means they will customize the things as per their needs.
- Full Control: You’ll get complete control of your hosting environment security.
- Server Scaling: You can scale up and down as per your requirements.
- Great Uptime: The server time is good, you’ll get 99.95% uptime.
- Multiple Data Centers: It offers different data centers across global located in Europe (Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London), Asia (Hong Kong), NY, Dallas, TX, Santa Clara, CA, New York, Canada, and more.
- Pay Per Usage: Kamatera offers affordable VPS hosting that only charges the resources that you are using, you don’t need to pay for full server and tools.
- Other Features: Kamatera, also offers cloud services like firewall management, migration services, cloud system consultancy, load balancer, and more.
While Kamatera offers free VPS hosting for 30 days, the starting price is $15 per month.
2. AccuWebHosting – Free Windows VPS Hosting
AccuWebHosting offers 1-Month free windows VPS hosting where you can host your website and letting the hosting provider do the heavy lifting for you.
Moreover, it offers different VPS hosting options that all are scalable, it includes windows VPS reseller, windows VPS SSD, windows VPS cloud, and more.
Furthermore, it offers global server locations that include, USA, Canada, Paris, India, Tokyo, Japan, and more.
- Full Admin Access: You’ll get complete admin access via RDP.
- Pre-Build Operating System: In every VPS plan, you’ll get an operating system that is pre-activated is an extra benefit.
- Free Backup: It offers a full backup of your resources that is totally free.
- Cloud & SSD: They offer cloud and SSD plans that are fully reliable and give you high speed, security, and uptime.
- Dedicated IP: You’ll get a dedicated IP address for every VPS hosting plan.
- No Overselling: Accuwebhosting never offers Overselling with any of our Products or technology.
- Latest Software: You’ll get the latest updated software that includes MySQL, PHP, APACHE, NGINX, Pearl, Python, and more.
The starting price is $14.97/Month. However, you’ll get a 1-month free VPS trial hosting with no credit card required.
3. x10Hosting – Free Cloud VPS Hosting
x10Hosting offers free cloud VPS hosting and cPanel interface, one-click software installations, and flexible resources.
Best of all, you’ll get free VPS hosting forever, it also allows you to create unlimited websites for your businesses and your clients. Moreover, you’ll get a free website builder and eCommerce template that helps to make your online store user-friendly.
You can choose between 150 pre-build templates and create your site as per your needs without any technical knowledge.
- Easy to Use: It offers easy to use platform, with no coding required.
- Fully Customizable: You can write your own PHP code or connect third-party services easily.
- Free Site Builder: You’ll get a free site builder that you can use and make your site whatever you want.
- Speed and Performance: You’ll get good speed and performance of your site.
- Easy Upgrade: You can easily upgrade if you want more advanced features that fulfill your requirements.
- 1-Click Installation: It offers different applications such as WordPress, Joomla, and more that you can deploy in a single click.
It offers free VPS hosting lifetime.
GigaRocket is a free Cpanel web hosting provider that is ideal for students, web designers, and developers. Each hosting account comes with Cpanel with FTP access.
Furthermore, it offers powerful tools to help you perform essential tasks quickly, easily, and reliably. All tools are pre-installed, include PHP 7, eAccelerator, FastCGI, Magic Quotes, MariaDB, NGINX, Mysql 5, and much more that you can think of.
- 1-Click Installation: It offers different applications such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Prestashop, Opencart, and many more in just a single click.
- Free SSL: You’ll get a free SSL certificate that is pre-installed, this means you don’t need to install SSL manually.
- Free Domain: You’ll get a free domain name as per your needs.
- Operating System: You have a choice of operating systems such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Suse, and more.
- Full Root Access: Using their free VPS server, you’ll get 25 GB Disk space, 150 GB Monthly Bandwidth, 1 GB RAM, and more.
- Community Support: GigaRocket has a separate community forum where you can ask anything related to the site, server, and more.
It is free.
VPSWALA offers a cheap and free VPS server that is specialized for students, designers, and developers. If you’re a student and you want to test your site then you can use this hosting. This is a good chance for students to learn and deploy your site.
Using this hosting you don’t pay any license fee. However, you’ll get the premium version where you can find additional features, extensions, and technologies.
- Dedicated IP: Every VPS user has dedicated IPv6 and Ipv4 ip addresses.
- Choice of Hosting: You’ll have multiple options to choose either shared, VPS, cloud and dedicated.
- Developer-Friendly Tools: You’ll get the most popular tools that help to make your site secure user-friendly.
- Unlimited Options: You can host unlimited domains as well as create unlimited sub-domains, email addresses, FTP accounts, and Database.
- 24/7 Support: It offers 24/7 customer support regarding managed and unmanaged Virtual Private Server hosting plans.
It offers free 60 days trial for their VPS hosting plans.
ALAVPS is another free VPS hosting that offers Linux and windows VPS trails. You can use free trial and convert it into a premium whenever you are satisfied. Moreover, it allows you to quickly set up a virtual private server.
The setup comes with a different operating system that includes MySQL database server, MailEnable server, PHP with Fast CGI, and more.
- Linux and Windows VPS: It offers free Linux and windows VPS hosting that includes 100GB SSD cloud storage, DDoS protection, weekly backups, full root access, and more.
- Great Uptime: You’ll get a 99.9% uptime guarantee on our core infrastructure.
- Realtime Backup: You’ll get remote real-time backup while your server is running.
- Managed Security: All SSD Hosting servers comes with high-level security and protection.
- Domain Service: It allows you to find a domain as per your niche and buy it.
InstaFree offers free VPS, shared, and reseller hosting with the latest cPanel control panel. It also provides super-cheap premium shared, reseller, VPS, and dedicated plans provided by our parent company, WSWD Inc.
- Reliable Hosting: Reliable web hosting and blazing fast VPS servers.
- Community: The community is very big where you can ask any type of questions regarding your site, server, and pricing plans.
- Support: They do not provide any support on our VPS Servers, outside of network/server issues or outages
You can use free VPS hosting forever, However, the starting price of the premium plan is $12 per year.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: Does Free VPS Hosting Worth It?
A: Free VPS hosting is not a good idea if you’re serious about your business. Free web hosting is dangerous, and it will not be secured.
Q: How to use VPS?
A: Using VPS is not hard, but you need to have some technical knowledge so you can deploy the servers and applications.
Q: How much is VPS hosting?
A: You’ll get a good VPS hosting with a control panel for just $6.
Q: Why do I need VPS hosting?
A: If you’re a technical person then VPS is a good option for you. However, if you’re a beginner then we suggest you go with cloud hosting that offers dedicated servers and applications. Best of all, you don’t need any technical knowledge the set up the server. It’s all easy and quick.
Q: Is a dedicated server worth it?
A: Yes, a dedicated server is perfect according to security, speed, performance, and more. You’ll also get a huge number of features that will make your site 2x faster.
Which Free VPS Hosting Provider Is Best?
Although there are many free VPS hosting services in the market, and it’s hard to decide which hosting provider is good. However, in this article, we have listed down some of the free and cheap VPS hosting providers that you can choose.
We recommend going with Bluehost, it hosted over 2 millions website globally. You can check out the complete review of Bluehost here.
You can also check out the comparison between InMotion Vs Siteground.
Want to increase organic traffic for your site? Check out this useful guide on How to Increase Organic Traffic to Your Website.